Children's Contact Centre Supervisor
- Casual position based in Darwin
- SCHADS Award Level 3 - $40.68 per hour (inclusive of 25% casual loading)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
Who are we?
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing social services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools and agencies across the Northern Territory.
About our program
The Contact Centre Services provides a safe and neutral space for supervised contact visits and changeovers for families experiencing a high level of conflict post separation. The core goals of the program are to provide children with the opportunity of re-establishing or maintaining meaningful relationships with both parents and other significant people in their lives, and to achieve sustained and workable long-term arrangements.
The Contact Centre Services supports improved capacity for parents to participate in spending time with their child/children, increases independence for family members so that change overs and supervised visits can occur without disruption, and increases the wellbeing of children from interaction with both parents
About your opportunity
As the Contact Centre Supervisor your key responsibility is to facilitate changeovers and supervised visits in accordance with signed agreements by:
- Ensuring the physical safety of all parties, including both staff and clients is maintained
- Using a child-centred model of service to provide children with the opportunity of re-establishing or maintaining meaningful relationships with parents/caregivers
- Providing the service in line with National Standards, contractual obligations and policies and procedures
- Providing neutral and non-judgemental services promoting a neutral space for participation
- Inputting accurate data and case notes in line with program requirements
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant social science (applicants who are in the process of obtaining such a qualification will be considered)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note writing
- Understanding of child development and the possible impact of parental separation
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note writing
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
This position is classified as a mandatory worker position for the purpose of COVID-19 vaccines and directions issued by the NT Chief Health Officer.
How to apply
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
This position may be eligible to receive a rent subsidy through the ‘Rent Choice' Affordable Housing Program. Eligibility conditions apply.
Please refer to Venture Housing website https://venturehousing.org.au/rent-choice for more information
Safeguarding Children & Young People. CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities. Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.