Case Worker Family & Community Wellbeing - Jabiru, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $86,386 trp (including salary $77,584)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Jabiru (till 30 June 2023)
- Relocation assistance offered
- Remote area allowance
- Subsidised accommodation available
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
At CatholicCare NT, we've empowered individuals, couples, families, and children at 20 locations across the Territory and the APY Lands for the last 25 years. Our not-for-profit organisation has grown to over 250 team members delivering important programs and services such as counselling, housing, mental health, and domestic violence support.
Our Family and Community Wellbeing services in Jabiru consist of two programs (Children and Parenting program & Community Mental Health) that work together to provide a range of program, activities, and experiences to promote wellbeing and positive family functioning.
About the role
As a Caseworker at CatholicCare NT, you'll provide assertive case management, education and support to participants. To achieve your program objectives of positive, sustainable change, you'll work collaboratively with your supervisor as well as with external stakeholders and services. You'll find joy in assisting families and in particular, the wellbeing of children and communities to develop strategies to overcome their challenges and maintain or regain social and emotional wellbeing. You'll create case management goals and complete evaluation data to monitor these outcomes.
This role is expected to:
- Support and implement a range of evidence based early intervention groups, activities and play experiences for children, young people and families
- Case manages families towards agreed outcomes
- Assist vulnerable individuals, families, and communities to promote wellbeing and positive family functioning
- Deliver outreach case management support in Jabiru
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively with other agencies to support a community approach to wellbeing
- Demonstrated experience in applying early intervention and prevention activities that support the wellbeing of children, young people and families.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 11 August 2022
Interviews week of: 15 August 2022
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Jabiru is situated just over 250 km east of Darwin and covers a total area of 13.5 square kilometres. Jabiru was constructed to accommodate a mining industry workforce. The town has become the administrative and service centre for the World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park and for the surrounding West Arnhem region of the Northern Territory. Jabiru is the administrative centre for the Mirarr traditional owners. It is also the location of the majority of tourism infrastructure services. The town has historically relied on the operator of the Ranger Uranium Mine, Energy Resources of Australia Ltd, for many essential services such as the provision of power.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.