Case Worker (experienced) Financial Wellbeing Capability
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $86,774 trp (including salary $77,584)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Tennant Creek (till 30 June 2023)
- Relocation assistance offered
- 3 months accommodation (Subsidised single occupant accommodation No Pets)
- Access to the NT Governments ‘Rent Choice' Affordable Housing Program, eligibility conditions apply.
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT, including service centres in Darwin, Palmerston, Malak, Tiwi Islands, Daly River, Wadeye, Jabiru, Maningrida, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke and APY lands.
We provides an integrated Financial Counselling, Capability and Resilience hubs throughout the NT. Our model is led by a team of FWC workers that comprise of Financial Counsellors, and FWC Case Worker, who contribute to improved outcomes for vulnerable people, families and communities.
About the role
You will be responsible for assisting individuals, families and communities who are struggling with financial literacy issues and concerns in order for the program to meet its objectives. This position has a particular focus on working alongside client's to address the issues creating financial hardship, and work collaboratively with other key stakeholders to remove obstacles to financial wellbeing and capability. This includes financial literacy education, information, coaching, and maintaining a strong focus on supporting people to change their behaviour and "learn by doing".
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications community services sector or equivalent with substantial experience in community services sector.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to engage with vulnerable people with complex challenges.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
- Considerable relevant experience in case management within vulnerable communities
- Previous experience with working and living in remote communities and demonstrated knowledge of community development principals and engagement techniques.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 18 August 2022
Interviews week of: 22 August 2022
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.