- Children's Services Award Level 6 - $77,383 trp (including salary $69,498)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Daly River (till 30 June 2023)
- Relocation assistance offered
- Subsidised share accommodation available (single occupant, No Pets)
Are you an Early Childhood Professional who really wants to make a difference?
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT.
Our, Daly River Nauiyu Nambiyu Child Care Centre provides a high quality early education and care service that combines Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal childcare knowledge, for the children of Ali Curung aged 0 to 5 and their families. The Centre offers child care and other activities that support parenting in the community. The program provides a beautiful, safe play-based learning environment that supports children to grow up strong, healthy, happy and connected to culture and family. Educators and children use community languages and English at the Centre
About the role
You will be working with local staff to lead a safe, joyful, both-ways education and care service for children aged 0 to 5 and their families. This position has a particular focus on driving continual improvement towards the National Quality Standard and developing the local workforce.
What we are looking for
- Qualifications in Early Childhood Education and Care
- Experience running an early childhood education and care service, family centre or other early childhood service at a director or assistant director level; or ability to do so
- Demonstrated ability to build respectful partnerships with remote Aboriginal people based on mutual respect and both-ways learning
- Ability to mentor and develop the local workforce
- Commitment to working with Aboriginal families and communities from a strengths-based approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to quickly build respectful relationships with children, families and staff
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 18 August 2022
Interviews Week of: 22 August 2022
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
This position is in Daly River, an indigenous community in the Victoria Daly Region of the Northern Territory. The community is located 220km from Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.