Case Worker Family & Community Wellbeing
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $86,774 trp (including salary $77,584)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- 2 x Full time positions based in Tennant Creek (till 30 June 2023)
- Remote area allowance
- Subsidised accommodation up to 3 months (No Pets)
- Local Tennant Creek residents encouraged to apply
- Access to the NT Governments ‘Rent Choice' Affordable Housing Program, eligibility conditions apply.
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
At CatholicCare NT, we've empowered individuals, couples, families and children at 20 locations across the Territory and the APY Lands for the last 25 years. Our not-for-profit organisation has grown to over 250 team members delivering important programs and services such as counselling, housing, mental health and domestic violence support.
Our Children and Parenting program in Tennant Creek provides early intervention and preventative services and programs, specifically targeting at risk populations, using a whole of family approach to resource, educate, support and skill parents to improve developmental and wellbeing outcomes for children and families. The program provides a range of evidence based programs and activities for parents (Kinship, guardians, carers), to increase capacity, develop knowledge, skills and support to raise healthy children and a range of developmentally activities and experience for children.
About the role
You will be responsible for providing outreach strengths based case management, mentoring, advocacy, parent education and practical support in order for the program to meet its objectives. This position has a particular focus on implementing and facilitating program activities and experiences within the Tennant Creek programs to support families and in particular, the wellbeing of children.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications Social Welfare/Social Science or equivalent with substantial experience in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing.
- Cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
- Experience in applying early intervention and prevention activities that support the wellbeing of children, young people and families.
- Ability to network effectively with other agencies to support a community approach to wellbeing
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 18 August 2022
Interviews week of: 22 August 2022
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.