Team Leader Financial Wellbeing & Housing Support - Katherine, NT
- Full time position based in Katherine (till 30 June 2023)
- SCHADS Award Level 6 -$107,972 trp (including salary $96,970)
- Salary packing option available (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Relocation assistance offered
- Remote allowance
- Access to the NT Governments ‘Rent Choice' Affordable Housing Program, eligibility conditions apply
Are you looking to lead a diverse team making a positive difference?
Who we Are
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT, including service centres in Darwin, Palmerston, Malak, Tiwi Islands, Daly River, Wadeye, Jabiru, Maningrida, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke and APY lands.
About the Program
The Financial Wellbeing and Capability program assists those who are in financial crisis address immediate needs, improve their financial capability, and address financial barriers. This important program assists those in our community navigate life transitions and financial stresses to improve financial inclusion pathways and improve housing opportunities
Our Housing Support team provides support to clients to address multifaceted challenges faced when maintaining a tenancy. Using assertive case management, we empower clients to regain control of their circumstances, problem solve and manage their accommodation.
About the Opportunity
As the Team Leader you will be responsible for the implementation, leadership and integration of Financial Wellbeing and Capability (FWC) and Housing Support (HSP) programs. We are looking for a dynamic and experienced leader who can lead and mentor our integrated team of program staff, providing them with the necessary support and guidance required to deliver high quality services to the community.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualification in Community Services pertaining to the role, such as Diploma in Community Services (Financial Counselling) with membership to the South Australian Financial Counselling Association (SAFCA).
- Minimum five years' experience in relevant practice and team leadership.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills encompassing report writing, case note writing and supervision and the ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings
- Experience in recording and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data in line with program requirements and leading a team to do the same.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
- Experience in providing supervision to multi-disciplinary staff
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 18 August 2022
Interviews week of: 22 Augusts 2022
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.