Human Resource Officer - Darwin, NT
- Rewarding full time position based in Darwin
- SCHADS Award Level 3 - $74,894 trp (including salary $67,263)
- Great benefits available including salary packing (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
We are looking for an amazing administrator who wants work within a diverse and supportive team, in a values-based organisation.
Who are CatholicCare NT?
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing social services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools and agencies across the Northern Territory.
About the HR Team
The HR Department provides a high standard of support and advice to employees and management in the various human resource (HR) functions. This fast-paced role is part of a supportive HR team, and you will have real potential to learn and grow in this position.
About the Opportunity
As the Human Resources Officer, you will have strong administrative skills, be highly organised, task orientated, and encompass a demonstrated ability to follow processes.
Your day-to-day duties will include, but not limited to;
- Coordinate induction and onboarding of new employees
- Preparation of HR documentation including employment contracts, change letters, position descriptions, appraisals etc
- Preparation of Monthly HR reporting
- Responsible for all administration tasks in relation to Criminal History, Ochre Card and Driver's Licence compliance.
- Contribute to HR projects
- Maintenance of HRIS System
What we are looking for:
- Relevant qualification in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field (or willingness to obtain) is highly regarded.
- Experience in working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced administrative office environment of 200+ employees
- Strong/ efficient administrative competency with MS Office.
- Experience with databases and extrapolating data.
- Proven ability to handle high volumes of work, prioritise workloads and meet agreed timeframes.
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including candidate care and stakeholder engagement, both internal and external.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
This position may be eligible to receive a rent subsidy through the ‘Rent Choice' Affordable Housing Program. Eligibility conditions apply. Please refer to Venture Housing website https://venturehousing.org.au/rent-choice for more information
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.