Case Worker Housing Support - Tennant Creek, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $86,774 trp (including salary $77,584)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Tennant Creek (till 30 June 2023)
- Remote area allowance
- 3 months accommodation (Subsidised single person accommodation in shared facility. No Pets)
- Local Tennant Creek residents encouraged to apply
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
At CatholicCare NT, we've empowered individuals, couples, families, and children at 20 locations across the Territory and the APY Lands for the last 25 years. Our not-for-profit organisation has grown to over 250 team members delivering important programs and services such as counselling, housing, mental health, and domestic violence support.
About the role
As a Caseworker at CatholicCare NT, you'll provide assertive case management, education, and support to participants. To achieve your program objectives of positive, sustainable change, you'll work collaboratively with your team leader as well as with external stakeholders and services. You'll find joy in assisting vulnerable individuals, families, and communities to develop strategies to overcome their challenges and maintain or regain social and emotional wellbeing. You'll create case management goals and complete evaluation data to monitor these outcomes.
This role is responsible to provide:
- Assisting vulnerable individuals, families, and communities to reduce the risk of homelessness
- Delivering outreach case management support in Tennant Creek Region
- Participating in networking and collaboration activities, which assist in developing a support plan to address all challenges
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications Community Development or equivalent with substantial experience in a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to engage with and manage complex situations, involving homelessness, poverty, mental health, family violence, alcohol, and other drug misuse.
- Advocate clients and work effectively with stakeholders to meet the objectives of the Program
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 1 December 2022
Interviews week of: 5 December 2022
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
#movetotheterritory - https://theterritory.com.au/
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Tennant Creek is located between Alice Springs and Katherine situated in the Barkly Tableland, which has seen the rise of many Australian premier cattle stations. The traditional owners are the Warumungu people. Tennant Creek is situated near the popular tourist destination the Devils Marbles and hosts the Desert Harmony Festival each year.
In this role, you will have the privilege of working closely with aboriginal families and the experience of immersing yourself in an amazing part of the world.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.