Case Worker Family and Community Wellbeing - Alice Springs, NT
- Rewarding position based in Alice Springs (till 30 Nov 2026)
- Full time position - 38 hours per week with part time option available
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $86,386 trp (including salary $77,584)
- Salary packing option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Relocation assistance
- Local Alice Spring residents encouraged to apply.
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
Who we are
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT, including service centres in Darwin, Palmerston, Malak, Tiwi Islands, Daly River, Wadeye, Jabiru, Maningrida, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke and APY lands.
CatholicCareNT's Children and Parenting program provides early intervention and preventative services and programs, specifically targeting at risk populations, using a whole of family approach to resource, educate, support and skill parents to improve developmental and wellbeing outcomes for children and families.
About the Opportunity
As an experienced case worker, you will provide strengths-based case management, mentoring, advocacy, education and practical support to CCNT participants. Your role will focus on implementing and facilitating program activities and experiences to support families and children in Alice Springs.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications in Community Services or equivalent including relevant experience through previous appointments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to quickly build respectful relationships with children, families, and staff
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
- Demonstrated experience in applying early intervention and prevention activities that support the wellbeing of children, young people, and families.
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively with other agencies to support a community approach to wellbeing.
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 02 February 2023
Interviews week of 06 February 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.