Crime Victims Counselling Services Coordinator - Darwin, NT
- Full time position based in Darwin (till 30 June 2027)
- SCHADS Award Level 5 -$98,828 trp (including salary $88,758)
- Salary packing option available (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Relocation assistance offered
Are you looking to lead a diverse team making a positive difference?
Who we Are
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT, including service centres in Darwin, Palmerston, Malak, Tiwi Islands, Daly River, Wadeye, Jabiru, Maningrida, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke and APY lands.
About the Program
The Crime Victims program assists the recovery and rehabilitation of victims of crime in the Northern Territory by providing crisis counselling and community education. It aims to reduce the trauma associated with victimisation through a trauma-informed service.
About the Opportunity
As the Crime Victims Counselling Services Coordinator, you will have a particular focus on the delivery of victims counselling services, ensuring it meets contractual requirements and produces quality collection of data for reporting purposes. You will use your specialised skillset to mento other counsellors to support their development, ensuring the provision and coordination of quality crisis counselling and community education.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work
- Membership or eligibility to join a relevant professional body (e.g., AHPRA, AASW, PACFA, ACA).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to coordinate services and provide community education
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
- Demonstrated ability to work therapeutically (counselling and group work) with participants recovering from the trauma of being a victim of crime. Specialised knowledge in trauma and recovery is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other counsellors to support their skill development in working with crime victims as required
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 02 February 2023
Interviews week of: 06 February 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Darwin is a vibrant coastal town with an easy commute, lively and diverse culture and situated right next door to world heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Full of contrasting landscapes and diverse habitats, the rugged cliffs of Arnhem Land escarpment hide deep sandstone gorges and pockets of monsoon rainforests, with innumerate waterfalls cascading into pools lined with pandanus and gum trees.
In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with multicultural families and communities It will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an amazing part of the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.