Counsellor Domestic & Family Violence - Darwin, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 5 - $98,828 trp (including salary $88,758)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Darwin (till 30 June 2026)
- Relocation assistance offered.
You can be more than part of your community - be someone making a difference for people in your community.
At CatholicCare NT, we've empowered individuals, couples, families, and children at 20 locations across the Territory and the APY Lands for the last 25 years.
Our Domestic Family Violence Services team ensures the wellbeing and safety of individuals, in particular women and children, through the provision of broad-based counselling, case management, safety planning and education to those impacted by or at risk of being impacted by Domestic and Family Violence (DFV).
About the Opportunity
You will work within a cohesive and integrated team, providing high quality, responsive and culturally appropriate counselling services. These teams include our Crime Victims Counselling Service, Men's Behaviour Change Counsellors, No More, Supporting Children After Separation Program, Children's Contact Centre, and Safe Houses in remote locations. The Counsellor DFV has a particular focus on supporting survivors of domestic and family violence, including children.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA.
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice and demonstrated competence in using a broad range of evidence-based counselling and group work approaches to support client outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note writing.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
- The filling of this employment opportunity is intended to constitute a special measure under the Anti-Discriminatory Act (NT) 1992. This is an female identified position as it is a genuine occupational requirement for the position.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 02 February 2023
Interviews week of: 06 February 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Darwin is a vibrant coastal town with an easy commute, lively and diverse culture and situated right next door to world heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Full of contrasting landscapes and diverse habitats, the rugged cliffs of Arnhem Land escarpment hide deep sandstone gorges and pockets of monsoon rainforests, with innumerate waterfalls cascading into pools lined with pandanus and gum trees.
In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with multicultural families and communities It will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an amazing part of the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.