Mental Health Counsellor Domestic and Family Violence - Darwin, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 5 - $98,828 trp (including salary $88,758 - pro rata)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Part time position (3 days per week) based in Darwin (till 30 June 2025)
- Relocation assistance offered.
You can be more than part of your community - be someone making a difference for people in your community.
At CatholicCare NT, we've empowered individuals, couples, families, and children at 20 locations across the Territory and the APY Lands for the last 25 years.
CatholicCare NT, in collaboration with the Domestic Violence Legal Service program, aims to provide an integrated holistic service, dedicated to mental health support offered to protected persons affected by family violence. The program goal is to reduce impacts from any negative mental health engagement with the legal system and experiences of family violence.
About the Opportunity
In this position you will work both within a specialised family violence services team and alongside other CCNT services to provide one-on-one counselling, therapeutic interventions and case management to women and children who have experienced domestic and family violence in order to increase their safety and wellbeing.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling essential with experience in working with those affected by domestic and family violence.
- Demonstrated experience in using a broad range of evidence-based counselling and group work approaches for those affected by domestic and family violence, and an understanding of and experience in domestic and family violence case management (preferably in the Northern Territory).
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case notes, records, and files.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, with knowledge of and experience working with Indigenous people in urban and remote communities.
- Capacity to travel remotely on a regular basis which may include long distance road travel (driving), travel in light aircraft and staying in basic accommodation.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 02 February 2023
Interviews week of: 06 February 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Darwin is a vibrant coastal town with an easy commute, lively and diverse culture and situated right next door to world heritage listed Kakadu National Park. Full of contrasting landscapes and diverse habitats, the rugged cliffs of Arnhem Land escarpment hide deep sandstone gorges and pockets of monsoon rainforests, with innumerate waterfalls cascading into pools lined with pandanus and gum trees.
In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with multicultural families and communities It will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an amazing part of the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.