Fleet & Maintenance Officer - Alice Springs, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $86,774 trp (including salary $77,584)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Alice Springs
- Relocation assistance offered
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT, including service centres in Darwin, Palmerston, Malak, Tiwi Islands, Daly River, Wadeye, Jabiru, Maningrida, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke and APY lands.
About the role
You will be responsible for maintaining the Central Australian vehicle fleet in good working order, coordinating maintenance of the site and general outdoors areas at the Alice Springs CatholicCare NT office and minor maintenance to buildings on the Alice Springs site and, where required, in other Central Australian CatholicCare NT sites including Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke, Amata, Tennant Creek and Ali Curung. The role will also provide support to the CDP program in Southeast Alice Springs.
- Manage and monitor the monthly vehicle checklist for all Central Australian vehicles, including registration and roadworthiness.
- Undertake test and tag of CCNT electrical assets in remote sites.
- Obtain quotes from contractors and oversee implementation of projects as required.
- Ensuring audits of fire safety systems, electrical equipment (Tag & Testing), site and emergency response procedures are undertaken in line with CCNT WHS policy and procedures
What we are looking for
- A trade qualification in construction, electrical or mechanical fields is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities including fleet management, coordination of grounds, building maintenance and infrastructure projects and support compliance with Work Health and Safety requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of fleet and asset management and maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate tagging and testing or ability to acquire the skills to tag and test CCNT electrical assets.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work across teams and communicate appropriately with local cultural groups, in a fluent manner.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, including work documents, excel, email and electronic databases.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website.
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 30 March 2023
Interviews week of: 03 April 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.