Case Worker Family and Community Wellbeing - Wadeye, NT
- Full time position based in Wadeye (till 30 June 2026)
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $86,386 trp (including salary $77,584)
- Salary packing option available (up to an additional $15,900 p/a)
- Relocation assistance offered
- Remote area allowance
- Five Weeks Annual Leave
- Subsidised single person Shared accommodation provided (No Pets)
- Bi-monthly weekend visits to Darwin (Additional Employee Benefit)
Are you looking to join a diverse team making a positive difference?
Who we Are
CatholicCare NT is a Catholic social service agency established in the Diocese of Darwin. We provide services throughout the NT, including service centres in Darwin, Palmerston, Malak, Tiwi Islands, Daly River, Wadeye, Jabiru, Maningrida, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Alice Springs, Santa Teresa, Titjikala, Finke and APY lands.
About the Program
CatholicCare NT's children and parenting program provides early intervention and preventative services and programs, specifically targeting at risk populations, using a whole of family approach to resource, educate, support and skill parents to improve developmental and wellbeing outcomes for children and families and our Community Mental Health Program provides intensive, long-term case management, early intervention support (including targeted therapeutic group work), based on the Family Action Plan.
About the Opportunity
As an experienced Case Worker, you will be responsible for providing assertive case management, education and support to participants in order for the program to meet its objectives. This position has a particular focus on implementing and facilitating program activities and experiences to support families and in particular, the wellbeing of children.
The role includes outreach service delivery to serve the most vulnerable populations as well as working alongside and mentoring a local support worker.
What we are looking for
- Relevant qualifications in Community Services or equivalent including relevant experience through previous appointments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to quickly build respectful relationships with children, families, and staff
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
- Demonstrated experience in applying early intervention and prevention activities that support the wellbeing of children, young people, and families.
- Demonstrated ability to network effectively with other agencies to support a community approach to wellbeing.
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website.
Wadeye is a large remote Aboriginal community 420 kilometres by road south-west of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world.
Wadeye is the largest indigenous community in the Northern Territory. Situated 230 km south west of Darwin in the West Daly Region. The inhabitants of this community encompass seven language groups and five traditional bands or kinship groups.
In this role, you will have the privilege of working closely with aboriginal families and the experience of immersing yourself in an amazing part of the world.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.