Cook - Darwin, NT
- Hospitality Award Level 3 $23.52 + 25% Casual loading
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,900 p/a)
- Casual position based in Berrimah
- Weekend shifts Saturday & Sunday 11.30am - 8.00pm
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools, and agencies across the Northern Territory. Administrative staff working for CatholicCare NT facilitate the supply and management of resources that support and enhance CatholicCare NT's programs, business objectives and initiatives.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for Casual cook to join our Patient Care/Hostel Accommodation in Berrimah. The Cook is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the kitchen through food preparation and dishwashing. The Cook is a quick-thinking multitasker, who can perform a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
What we're looking for:
- Flexibility with rostering
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
- The ability to meet hygiene standards
- Be self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative
- Valid food safety certificate
- High aptitude for following directions and workplace guidelines, policies and procedures
How to Apply
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website. www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 8 June 2023
Interviews week of: 12 June 2023
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
Safeguarding Children & Young People
CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services, and facilities.
Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.