Counsellor & Parent Educator
Alice Springs Location
- SCHADS Award Level 6 - $89,850 (including salary $81,059)
- Salary Packing Option (up to an additional $15,909 p/a)
- Full Time Position
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Counsellor & Parent Educator to join our Alice Springs team within CatholicCare NT. This position has a particular focus on working with families affected by alcohol and other drug misuse but can also provide general counselling and parent education to family members. The position reports directly to the Regional Manager Alice Springs.
The primary purpose of this role will be to facilitate counselling and parent education. You will be required to provide early intervention and prevention to at risk populations using a whole of family approach to resource, educate and skill parents to improve developmental and wellbeing outcomes for children.
We are looking for someone who is a team player with ability to work with others in a spirit of trust, respect, reflection and accountability. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note writing, client assessment, referrals and safety planning.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification in counselling, social work, psychology or similar with skills in counselling and parent education.
- Demonstrated experience in counselling and group work/psycho-education.
- Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of family violence, AOD misuse and experience working with evidence-based approaches such as the Common Approach and the Triple P parenting program.
About our benefits
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
If you exemplify personal drive, integrity and like a challenge we would love to hear from you.