Domestic & Family Violence Counsellor
- SCHADS Award Level 6 - $92,547 trp (including salary $83,492)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full Time Position
We have a newly created position for a Domestic & Family Violence Counsellor to join our Counselling team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in providing counselling and therapeutic interventions to survivors of domestic and family violence including children. The position reports directly to the Crime Victims Coordinator, in conjunction with the Lead Practitioner Counselling.
The primary focus of this role is to work within a domestic and family violence practice framework that undertakes risk assessments that seeks to promote the safety and wellbeing of women and children that have endured Domestic Family Violence. We are looking for a candidate who can rapidly acquire an understanding of contemporary gender issues whilst applying evidence based and Trauma Informed Practice methodologies.
You will be a team player with the ability to work with others in a spirit of trust, respect, reflection and accountability.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling essential with experience in working with Domestic and Family violence survivors.
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA.
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice and demonstrated competence in using a broad range of evidence based counselling and group work approaches to support client outcomes.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au & enter ref code: 4769651