Youth Mental Health Practitioner
- SCHADS Award Level 6 - $92,547 trp (including salary $83,492)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full Time Position located in Palmerston
We have an exciting opportunity for a Youth Mental Health Practitioner to join our newly created Youth and Mental Health Service team that will deliver collaborative care models for young people experiencing serious mental health challenges.
This position will have a particular focus on accurately assessing a young person's immediate mental health symptoms, and providing appropriate therapeutic support to promote safety and wellbeing. In addition, the Practitioner will be required to provide one to one counselling for medium to high-risk clients experiencing complex mental health issues.
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to develop a comprehensive and collaborative care plan which is client centred, holistic, contextual and which engages families and carers as appropriate. You will utilise skills and knowledge to work with clients and their families to develop recovery goals, and care plans within a set timeframe; all whilst ensuring a high standard of service delivery.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification in Psychology/Social Work/Nursing/Occupational therapy and a strong working history within the Youth Mental Health sector
- Proven clinical skills in the provision of mental health care to young people, including mental health assessments, therapeutic interventions and care plan development.
- Working knowledge of the common social and mental health issues faced by young people.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au & enter ref code: 4770770.
Applications close 21 July 2019