Work Experience Mentor, Strengthening Communities
- Labour Market Industry Award, Manager Grade 2 - $74,085 trp (including salary $66,836)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full Time Position
We have an opportunity for a Work Experience Mentor to join our Santa Teresa team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in assisting CDP participants overcome barriers to employment by developing the necessary job ready skills to gain meaningful employment.
This position is based in Alice Springs however; requires daily travel to and from Santa Teresa to deliver services. The position reports directly to the CDP Activities Coordinator in conjunction with the Regional Manager South East Alice Springs.
This position has a particular focus on working with CDP participants and Elderly people receiving Aged Care Services, maintain minor maintenance to their properties and maintaining the community cemetery.
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to provide quality and effective delivery of Work for the Dole activities in order for the program to meet its objectives. The successful candidate will be a team player with ability to work with others in a spirit of trust, respect, reflection and accountability.
We are looking for a person with:
- An understanding of adult learning and development principles, the Employability Skills Framework and a demonstrated ability to develop and implement structured group activities.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve daily activity attendance minimum target 60% of your activity caseload, a monthly minimum target of 90% of your activity caseload attendance (includes actual and valid), and a minimum target of 6 Job Placement outcomes for each 6 month period.
- Relevant experience and competency in the use of various power tools and equipment used in the building industry, tree felling and garden maintenance
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
How to apply
To find out more and to apply for this job go to: www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au & enter ref code: 4777226.
Applications close 25 July 2019