Lead Practitioner Counselling and Group work - Darwin, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 7 - $103,228 trp (including salary $93,128)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full-Time Position located in Berrimah, Darwin. NT
- Relocation Assistance available to interstate applicants!
We have an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join our leadership team.
Responsible for the implementation, leadership and integration of a number of counselling and group work services in order for the programs to meet their objectives. This position has a particular focus on leading and mentoring program staff, approximately ten, with a strong clinical focus, applying professional knowledge and support whilst providing direct services and managing complex client work.
This position contributes to the ongoing development of specialist services including Family Relationships, assessing and addressing children's complex behaviour as well as addressing the cause and effects of domestic, family and sexual violence. This includes mentoring staff in trauma-informed approaches including an understanding of attachment and emotional regulation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Direct service delivery; This role supports service delivery in counselling and group work through staff supervision and program development and integration. A small client load in counselling and/or group work forms part of the role, depending on capacity.
- Leading an integrated Team; Provide clinical and expert support and guidance to ensure staff both local and remote deliver high quality, counselling and services, in line with program objectives, contractual obligations, mandatory reporting legislation, and the needs of the community.
- Ensure data integrity; Enter accurate data and case notes in line with program requirements and setting the team standard. NB: SCaSP case notes especially may be subpoenaed and need to be of required standard.
- Conduct regular audits of client sessions, session notes, and planning, using the Client Record Monitoring Checklist, and providing feedback to staff in supervision.
- Provide timely reports and feedback to the Regional Manager and Contracts Team when requested, consistent with contractual reporting agreements.
We are looking for someone with:
- Relevant qualification in Counselling, Social Work or Psychology and minimum five years' experience in relevant clinical practice and leadership.
- Demonstrated experience leading counselling and/ or developing and facilitating groups.
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW, or ACA and ACCSA, APA.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills encompassing report writing, case note writing and supervision and the ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings.
- Experience in recording and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data in line with program requirements and leading a team to do the same.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
- Experience in providing supervision to multi-disciplinary staff.
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au