Counsellor - Tennant Creek, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 6 - $95,534.94 trp (including salary $86,187)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full-Time Position in Tennant Creek, NT
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions put in place by the Federal and NT government; Local & NT residents are highly encouraged to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Generalist and School Counsellor to join us in our Tennant Creek office at CatholicCare NT.
This position works predominantly in general counselling and group work for children, young people, adults, couples and/or families.
This position also includes providing support to school-aged children to develop and thrive through counselling and group work through the school counselling service.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant qualification and/ or post-graduate experience in Psychology or Counselling essential
- Membership or eligibility to join a governing body such as PACFA, AASW or ACA
- Demonstrated competence in using a broad range of evidence-based counselling and group work approaches to support client outcomes
- Demonstrated experience counselling with young children and youth
- An understanding of human development theories, particularly child and adolescent development and demonstrated skill in choosing and applying the most appropriate ways of working to engage young people to support wellbeing outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note writing
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au