Early Childhood Educator - Ali Curung, NT
- Children's Services Award- Level 6.1 $70,614 total package (including salary $63,705)
- Salary Packaging Option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- 5 weeks Annual Leave per annum
- Full Time Position located in Ali Curung (150km outside of Tennant Creek)
We have an exciting opportunity for an Early Childhood Educator to join our Ali Curung Child Care Centre team within CatholicCare NT. This position plays a key role in the delivery of high quality education based childcare services to the families of the Ali Curung community.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist with the delivery and implementation of a high quality educational program based on the Early Years Learning Framework and with reference to the National Quality Standards. The early childhood educator will be required to facilitate activities designed to enhance early childhood learning based on the needs and interest of the children.
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to develop strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community. You will be a proactive and professional individual with the capability create a safe, supportive and informative environment for families.
We are looking for a person with:
- Relevant Degree or a 3 or 4 year Early Childhood Education qualification, or an AQF Advanced Diploma, or a Diploma in Children's Services, or a Diploma in Out-of-Hours Care; or is otherwise a person possessing such experience, or holding such qualifications deemed by the employer or the relevant legislation to be appropriate or required for the position
- Experience in supervising children in an approved childcare service
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to collaborate with other services
- Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of life in a remote Aboriginal community
At CatholicCare NT our employees have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include accommodation optional, remote allowance, Bi-Monthly return fare travel to Alice Springs or Tennant Creek incl accommodation. Flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs. To find out more about the benefits available to you when you join CatholicCare NT please visit our career website.
If you exemplify personal drive, integrity and like a challenge, we would love to hear from you.
To find out more and to apply go to http://catholiccarentcareers.org.au
Closing Date 17 August 2020
Interviews Week of 24 August 2020