Case Worker Family & Community Wellbeing - Maningrida, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $82,587 trp (including salary $74,172)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position (till 30 June 2023)
- Remote area allowance
- Five Weeks Annual Leave
- Bi-monthly weekend visits to Darwin (Additional Employee Benefit)
CatholicCare NT's Children and Parenting program in Maningrida provides early intervention and preventative services and programs, specifically targeting at risk populations, using a whole of family approach to resource, educate, support and skill parents to improve developmental and wellbeing outcomes for children and families.
This position does not provide accommodation in Maningrida and locals are encourage to apply.
About the role
As the Case Worker you will be responsible for providing outreach strengths based case management, mentoring, advocacy, parent education and practical support in order for the program to meet its objectives. This position has a particular focus on implementing and facilitating program activities and experiences to support families and in particular, the wellbeing of children.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant qualifications Social Welfare/Social Science or equivalent with substantial experience in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing
- Cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people
- Experience in applying early intervention and prevention activities that support the wellbeing of children, young people and families
- Ability to network effectively with other agencies to support a community approach to wellbeing
How to apply
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website:
https://catholiccarentcareers.org.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5678657.
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 21 October 2021
Interviews Week of: 25 October 2021
Safeguarding Children & Young People. CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities. Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.