Work Health & Safety Manager - Darwin, NT
- SCHADS Award Level 8 - $121,122 trp (including salary $108,780)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full-time position based in Darwin with remote travel (3 Years contract)
- Relocation assistance offered
Are you driven to make a difference? We are seeking a passionate individual who wants to make change happen by driving our safety-first culture by overseeing our WHS strategy and initiatives across the organisation.
Based in Darwin you will have the opportunity to work across multiple sites influencing change to make workplaces a safer environment for our employees.
The successful candidate will bring with them the ability to be adaptable and technically savvy whilst being a strong communicator and motivator, targeting best practice levels of legislative compliance and industry innovation in an environment of continuous improvement.
About the role
WHS Manager will be responsible for the Work Health and Safety function's operations and performance across all CatholicCare NT (CCNT) sites. The WHS Manager is responsible for ensuring that CCNT operates safely and complies with all relevant legislation. This role is responsible for the administration and communication of CCNT safety policies and the provision of safety expertise for management and employees, incident investigations, and COVID compliance.
The WHS Manager will work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to develop, implement, and monitor effective WHS systems, policies, training, and practices that address CCNT's key organisational risks and WHS compliance obligations.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Australian Citizen or have full work rights for Australia.
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS. Diploma in WHS (or Similar) minimum, post-graduate prefered
- At least five years' experience in a similar role.
- Valid Driver's licence.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant WHS legislation, Codes of Practice and Standards relevant to the role.
- Sound investigative and analysis capabilities with the ability to develop and improve standards, policies & procedures to achieve WHS objectives.
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Expertise in end-to-end WHS practices, including policy development and implementation to support a proactive WHS culture.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workload to meet critical deadlines.
How to apply
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website:
https://catholiccarentcareers.org.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5682386.
Applications Close: 9am Monday 25 October 2021
Interviews on: 28 October 2021
Safeguarding Children & Young People. CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities. Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to your employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.