Team Leader, Wadeye
Full time position based in Wadeye (3 year contract)
- SCHADS Award Level 6 - $103,222 trp (including salary $92,704)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Relocation assistance offered + remote area allowance
- Five weeks annual leave
- Subsidised single person accommodation provided (No Pets)
- Monthly weekend visits to Darwin (additional employee benefit)
CatholicCare NT is a not-for-profit organisation, providing social services and programs to individuals, couples, families, children, groups, schools and agencies across the Northern Territory. Our Wadeye office offers AOD counselling and group work, parenting and mental health programs, family and domestic violence services and financial wellbeing and capability support.
We are looking for an experienced Team Leader to join our team in Wadeye NT, providing leadership, support, coaching and mentoring to the team across the programs.
You will be responsible for the implementation of a number of programs as well as the leadership and integration of a multi-disciplinary team at Wadeye. The programs include Children and Parenting; Community Mental Health; Alcohol and other drugs counselling and group work; Financial Wellbeing and Capability program.
This position has a particular focus on leading and mentoring site staff, applying professional knowledge and support whilst providing direct services and managing complex client work.
What we are looking for:
- Qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Welfare Studies or equivalent with substantial experience in the area of expertise.
- Minimum five years' experience in relevant practice and team leadership.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with managers, staff and stakeholders across a range of diverse cultural groups and settings.
- Experience in providing supervision to multi-disciplinary staff.
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with Indigenous people.
The Northern Territory is one of the most culturally diverse places in the world. Wadeye is the largest indigenous community in the Northern Territory. Situated 230 km south west of Darwin in the West Daly Region. The inhabitants of this community encompass seven language groups and five traditional bands or kinship groups. In this role, you will have the privilege of working closely with aboriginal families and the experience of immersing yourself in an amazing part of the world.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
How to apply
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
For a full role description including key selection criteria and to apply, please visit our careers website:
https://catholiccarentcareers.org.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5683187.
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 26 October 2021
Interviews Week of: 01 November 2021
Safeguarding Children & Young People. CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities. Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.