Men's Behaviour Change Facilitator
You can be more than just part of your community - be someone making a difference in your community!
- SCHADS Award Level 4 - $82,587 trp (including salary $74,172)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Darwin (till 30 June 2022)
- Relocation assistance offered
Our Men's Behaviour Change Program (MBCP) is based in Darwin with outreach to Wadeye and the Tiwi Islands. The program is designed to support men who are engaging in violent, abusive and/or controlling behaviours, to change that behaviour. This takes place in a group setting along with individual case management, where participants are provided with education, support, strategies and referrals to other services.
About the role
You will be responsible for providing facilitation of the men's behaviour change groups. This position has a particular focus on facilitating the Men's Behaviour Change Program (MBCP) in Darwin as well as outreach to Wadeye and the Tiwi Islands including promotion and raising awareness of the program.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Welfare Studies or equivalent with substantial experience in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including report writing and case note writing
- Demonstrated cultural competency, particularly in working with male aboriginals in both urban and remote communities
- Demonstrated application of knowledge, in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, to casework and group work to support participants
How to apply
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
For a full role description including key selection criteria and to apply, please visit our careers website:
https://catholiccarentcareers.org.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5683193.
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 26 October 2021
Interviews Week of: 01 November 2021
Safeguarding Children & Young People. CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities. Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.