Case Manager CDP & Mentor
- LMI Award Level MG2 - $77,614 trp (including salary $69,706)
- Salary packaging option (up to an additional $15,895 p/a)
- Full time position based in Finke (till 30 June 2022)
We are looking for a Case Manager & Mentor to join our team in Finke, NT. In this role you will have the privilege of working closely with Aboriginal families and communities it will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in an amazing part of the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity to learn about yourself, other cultures and grow professionally at the same time as making a positive difference in the lives of others.
About the program
The Community Development Program (CDP) provides intensive case management support to address the needs of Aboriginal people who are unemployed to provide opportunities that lead to positive social and economic outcomes for families and their communities. By creating employment opportunities in partnership with the local community, job seekers gain useful employability skills and meaningful qualifications through attendance in activities which increase job opportunities.
In this role you will assess and register jobseekers' into CDP, assist with their employment needs, develop and monitor individual Job Plans, address any vocational and non-vocational barriers, refer Work for the Dole compellable job seekers to suitable activities, and work with mentors to maintain engagement. Prepare job seekers to be job ready for future employment.
What we are looking for:
- Technical skills including intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications, Word, Outlook and other electronic database systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including case note and report writing and the ability to communicate with providers across a range of diverse cultural groups.
- Cultural competency, particularly in working with Aboriginal people.
- Providing quality case management, tailored assistance, addressing job seeker barriers and preparing them to be job ready.
How to apply
Applications only progress if made directly through our CatholicCare NT website. Expressions of interest from third party job boards will not be considered.
For a full role description including key selection criteria, please visit our careers website:
www.catholiccarentcareers.org.au & enter ref code: 5790614
Applications Close: 9am Thursday 27 January 2022
Interviews Week of: 4 February 2022
This position is classified as a mandatory worker position for the purpose of COVID-19 vaccines and directions issued by the NT Chief Health Officer.
Safeguarding Children & Young People. CatholicCare NT is committed to maintaining zero tolerance of child abuse and neglect, and the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people who access our activities, programs, services and facilities. Employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory National police check and Working with Children (Ochre) Card.
If you have resided in an overseas country for 12 months or more in the past 10 years, this position requires you to complete an International Criminal History check (ICHC) prior to you employment commencement date. The outcome of the initial screening check must be satisfactory.